Wednesday 19 September 2012

Beep Beep!!

Well here is a super overdue update! After lots and lots of paper work and phone calls we were able to get a wheel chair van !!! Here is a picture of the little misses being super excited to have driven all the way to London to pick it up!! Pretty much sums up how I felt too! I would have thought I would have been totally stoked to get a brand new van which was over 50 percent funded by awesome charities ( thank you president choice, march of dimes and easter seals) but it was a feeling or realization that yup its official my 5 year old can't walk.  Picking up a disability van for your 5 year old is certainly bittersweet. Sure I'm thrilled my back wont give out as soon as it would have but I never in all my dreams saw myself driving around my kid in a wheelchair van before I turned 30! Ugh I'm a soccer mom with only one kid that can't play soccer!! Nothing like trading in my fast Nissan altima for that!!

However, since using the van the last couple months I gotta admit I am incredibly thankful!! It is so much easier to go places now!! So many less transfers and winces of back pain! Wheelchairs are not light in case you were wondering, particularly when trying to squeeze it in the trunk of that uber fast Nissan! So there it is, our sweet new ride that has taught me how to park with extra care, and taught me to refrain from using my middle finger when that idiot parks to close to me to get the damn ramp out!! Oh yes feel free to park over the line of the wheelchair spot with your car mr, not like I have to get a wheelchair in and out of this wheelchair van!!! I suppose it gives me a whole new appreciation for super wide parking spots!!

Well thats it for now!! BEEP BEEP!!


2 comments:

  1. “So many less transfers and winces of back pain!”--- This is one of the major benefits of having a great wheelchair van. It’s much less of a hassle on your part because it will be easier for you, and your daughter most especially; to go out and take a trip anywhere you want.

    Thomas Wright

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is convenient having a wheelchair van, isn’t it? Who wouldn’t want to travel light and comfy?! By the way, you should keep your temper in control all the time. Drive safely!

    -Tanisha Hertzler

    ReplyDelete